This year, we are partnering closely with the Winter Park Harvest Festival. In its second year, this festival promises to be a true showcase of all the great things that are going on in the local food scene here in Central Florida. Taking place on November 19th and 20th in Winter Park, the event is focused on connecting the grass-roots with the deep-roots of our local food-shed by celebrating our local farmers, gardeners, entrepreneurs and non-profits.
Some highlights for the weekend will include:
- A “producer-only” farmers’ market where families can purchase many of their Thanksgiving provisions from the bounty of our “local” farmers and gardeners.
- A mobile community garden with 100+ raised-bed garden boxes grown by area schools, churches, families and organizations.
- Seminars, workshops and roundtables focused on our local food system. With Cooking demonstrations, Organic Gardening sessions, Meet the Farmers and much more.
- A Farm-to-Table Dinner consisting of locally-sourced foods prepared by some of Winter Park’s most talented chefs. As well as a “Taste of the Harvest” food sampling with hors d’oeuvres sized offerings from our local farmers and chefs. (Tickets will go on sale in October)
- Acoustic music from some of our area’s best bluegrass, traditional and folk musicians
- Youth focused sessions, games, hands-on and “do-it-yourself” gardening and crafts activities.
As you can see, this will all add up to an AMAZING week of LOCAL FOOD FUN! Check this site and the Winter Park Harvest Festival’s site for updates as more details come together!